Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trying to journal again

There is something in me that wants to be successful at keeping a journal. I keep starting them and starting them with the very best of intentions but the follow through is abysmal. So here I go again! Does hope spring eternal or am I just a slow learner?
What to write about? I am a Graphic Designer near Charlotte NC and I have not had much luck finding the type of work I want- as a mom of four, I am only looking for part-time and everyone acts like that is a crime for some reason. A lot of my classmates have not had a lot of luck finding work either, but the ones who have are young folks who are willing and able to put in 50-60 hour weeks. My kids have to have more of my time then that. I am still looking, and trying to add some freelance work to my day. I am also doing some professional photography which is exciting! I designed a logo for the parent group at North Carolina School for the Deaf, and created a cafepress store to sell mugs and shirts for them- I hope that raises money for the school! http://www.cafepress.com/PSO4NCSD is the link!
My portfolio is online also if anyone wants to see my other work- http://deesignnc.daportfolio.com/
That tells you several things about me- I am a mom and two of my children are Deaf. I am passionate about good design and I want to work in my field. I would LOVE to find work!
This journal is sort of directionless now but lets see where it ends up. Like my spirits, hope does indeed spring eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment