Friday, March 19, 2010

Etsy Fear


This winter, amid trips to Raleigh and meetings I started to crochet handwarmers, scarves and coasters. I can throw the yarn in a bag and bring it with me in the car, and it keeps me from drifting off and being bad company. I now have designed hangtags, a standard size chart for the handwarmers and even filled a commission and mailed it out, my first successful sale. I have a whole box of handwarmers ready to sell. So why haven't I started selling? Etsy fear. I have the darn account. I can see what other folks are selling, but not add mine. I get to the page where they want my credit card and I think "What if I sell something and I don't have any money on my debit card?" Not working steadily does that to a poor overworked card. The minute amout they charge for each posting and sale and I have anxiety. I LOVE these handwarmers, and I love the unique way they are reverseable- something you don't see in crochted goods often. So today I am asking myself- if I can meet with the movers and shakers in Raleigh, and voice my convictions to them, even if my voice shakes when I start, and convince them to support our plans, why oh why am I intimidated by a quarter ounce of plactic with a magnetic strip on it?

1 comment:

  1. Chick, the listing costs ya .20, and you pay listing fees and any sales percentages once a month at your discretion, not theirs. They don't store your credit card number; they use it to set up Paypal. You'll have to input it each time you pay for any listings at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete