Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pomp-A-Doodle do!


So when I saw Red Heart's Pomp-a-doodle yarn in the store, I knew I wanted to try and use it- it is so soft, and the colors are pretty and,well let's face it, I like wierd quirky things. This "yarn" is basically a heavy thread with giant pom poms attached at set intervals. The trick to using it is to pick a hook that allows you to crochet between the pom poms. I picked Caron's Dazzleaire yarn (it was discontinued, but it is baaaaack!) to go with it, because I remember the name from my childhood- and the odd lil sparkle seemed like a good choice to go with the odd lil pom poms. I think it works and the brim of this hat IS just as soft as it looks. Sort of toying with adding this as trim to a smaller recycled bag too... Give it a try! What did you make with the pom pom stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment