Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Busy free Range Fingers!

I have been VERY bad about keeping up with this blog. However two things happened that reminded me of my promise to not give up- I started using Pinterest, and I wanted to add some of my own ideas to my boards. Pinterest will not allow a link to facebook pages. I have been pretty good about posting there!
And I have made some awesome new stuff with grocery bag yarn. I am working on two PDF files I will sell as a set- one is how to make the bags into yarn, and one is how to make the yarn into one of these: it is a crochet hook carrier. But you could also use it for drawing pencils, knitting needles or paintbrushes! I took a Pringles can, crocheted the cover- added a top with a handle and a tab to keep it on when walking and voila! no more lost scissors, hooks or needles!
I am now finding out that Pringles makes several other sized containers that would be fun to create with as well.
Then Eilish got an iPad for the holidays and she got a cover but it does not have handles. She wanted handles. So I made this: it is just large enough for the iPad and has handles for a grab and go kind of thing! The color was chosen by Eilish but any scrap yarn and bags would work- another great reason to keep your yarn scraps! Now- what to start next ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment