Saturday, February 20, 2010

Addams Family

"when we're together, darling, every night is Halloween.."
I am rewatching my old favorite, the Addams Family and again I am struck with the similarities to my own family. I guess it was not much of a suprise, that someone who watched the show religiously as a child. As an adult, it took me years to realize that I was comparing my own relationships to that of Morticia and Gomez- their passion for each other and the family so obvious. Who hasn't wanted a Thing? The old black and white films evoke a simpler time, but the family itself is eternal- they are unusal and creepy yo outsiders but always and forever they are true to themselves and each other. Content to be who they are, and oblivious to what others think they roll along, in love and gothic humor for all time- I salute you Charles Addams, and salute us as we roll along in our own gothy splendor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment