Monday, April 25, 2011


Made this to donate for Family Fun Day at NCSD. adult sized, 100% Acrylic yarn the hat is in NCSD school colors, blue and white and features a hand signing "I love you" as an appliqué.
What I liked about this project- using the blue heathered yarn- I love the way it looks in a hat. i loved making the "ILY" hand, and sewing it into the symbol- it is always fun to make a new challenge. I made the body of the hat white so that the hand could be blue and show up really well.


this week I hope to go to the store and get the right brown color to make a Princess Leia hat with the cinnamon buns on the sides. I will be making a youth size and an adult size- like the Yoda ears I want the ears to be firm enough to keep their shape, I think have an idea to play with that will enable me to crochet a "scaffold" inside the bun instead of just stuff it- this will make it hold it's shape without being heavy. i hope.

Still working on the butterflies, and granny squares- i am so excited about the new yarns!

No comments:

Post a Comment