Friday, April 22, 2011

OK then! Get your hooks out!

I have been thinking that the reason i was having keeping up on my blog is that it lacked a central theme so i didn't know what to write about. Well what do I spend most of my time on besides family? Freelance design work, which involves clients, and my crochet art, which is alllll about me so to speak. So i have decided to use this blog to write about where I am going with my art and how it relates to my crochet skills.
Let's see how this goes!


My Son LOVES Zombies. So I have designed a Zombie hat. After the first one, I realized that I was probably going to end up making a few and felt that each one should be unique. They feature greeny skin, eyes, "wounds" with brains, warts, etc. So far one has an innucleated eye and one does not- and the kids seem to prefer the eye out- I was concerned that the rolling eye would be a distraction but apparently not. So far I have made two, but there are more coming, and if anyone wants to order one with certain features, I can do that. The best part for me is that each one is different from the others- I can change eye color, wound placement and all sorts of details to keep it interesting for myself, and more exciting for other people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment