Saturday, April 23, 2011


ok I inherited some vintage yarn. Jodie's Maw-Maw Gilda sent it up to NC and I have it in my hot lil paws... the colors are amazing and as vibrant as they were in the 1970's... I cannot WAIT to get these over my hook! The multi with rust, orange and yellow just BEGS to be put into Granny Squares, esp since the yarn it from Maw-Maw. David's mom has a vintage blanket with six-sided Grannies, and i was looking at it yesterday and wouldn't you know that SAME exact yarn was on her blanket! i am going to borrow the afghan and make a few of the six sided squares, but i am also going to make some traditional granny squares- the center colors require little yarn- and make a sweater or something- I have a sweater pattern from that general era and it is all 'retro' now. i will keep y'all posted on how that is going- I am just SOOOO excited about these colors and yarn! The yarn aisle at AC Moore seems so tame now!

on another note, I think I have figured out how to make the Princess Leia-like hat to match the Yoda- like hats, I just need to find a good dark brown. What I have here at the house is too light or not the right tone. The Buns were a challenge to figure out how to engineer, but then, so were Yoda's ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment